CURRENT COVID-19 UPDATES
As of August 3rd, Water Taxi has re-opened with limited hours. To find out more about operating hours please visit our fares page and click on the day of your desired visit.
PLEASE NOTE: Before your visit, please read updated policies and procedures as outlined below:
In compliance with the Mayor of Oklahoma City’s revised proclamation of state of emergency, dated April 29, 2020, Water Taxi resumed limited service May 18. In part, this timing was intended to mirror the order’s stated suspension of events through May 15 at “…City owned – subcontractor operated properties and City beneficiary Public Trust properties…”
While Water Taxi is a privately-held company, the Bricktown Canal itself is owned by the City of Oklahoma City Public Property Authority and we proudly serve as a contractor, managed by the Oklahoma City Department of Parks and Recreation. All operational decisions will include consultation with our partners at OKC Parks.
PLEASE NOTE: During the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic, our operational decisions will be based FIRST AND FOREMOST upon the safety of our crew and our passengers. We also will strongly adhere to guidelines (whether required or recommended) set forth by our partners at the City of Oklahoma City, and also agencies such as the Oklahoma City-County Health Department (OCCHD), the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH), and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
THE RESTRICTIONS WE PLACE ON OUR SERVICES DURING THIS TIME ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE, AND MADE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF OUR CREW AND PASSENGERS. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE FOR NON-COMPLIANCE, WHETHER IN OUR BOARDING AREA OR ON BOARD OUR PRIVATELY-OWNED AND OPERATED VESSELS.
While we understand that these restrictions may cause inconvenience, and we are truly sorry that we are all going through this pandemic and the resultant effects. Please understand that we are as anxious as you are for things to return to “normal.”
We hope you understand and appreciate the precautions we are taking to protect you, our other passengers and our crew. We respect that you may not agree with these restrictions for whatever reason, but if so we would simply encourage you to visit us in the future, after the pandemic has subsided and COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted in Oklahoma City and elsewhere.
- When reporting for work each crew member will be temperature tested. Any crew members exhibiting fever or any other recognized symptoms of COVID-19 will immediately be sent home and will not return to work until they have been cleared, either by quarantine or by testing.
- Crew members will observe strict social distancing protocols, as outlined by the CDC
- Crew members will be required to follow CDC guidelines related to hand washing and use of hand sanitizer
- Until further notice, crew members will be required to wear cloth masks while on dock. Mask may be removed while giving tour, so long as crew member is behind Plexiglass windshield
- Touch surfaces in our waiting area and crew areas will be sanitized before start of business and multiple times during each business day
- Our waiting area will be a “fare only” zone, with ticketed passengers only allowed
- Social distancing signage and floor decals will mark appropriate waiting locations for each party
- No congregating will be allowed in the areas immediately adjacent to our boarding location
- When our ticket booth is returned to service all purchases will once again be touch-free, meaning among other things that there will be no cash transactions until further notice
- Each morning before the start of business all in-service vessels will be washed and deep cleaned using sanitizing cleaner
- Between each trip touch surfaces on boats will again be sanitized
- Boats will be modified in such a way that provides clearly-defined seating areas that are socially distant from other parties on board. This may include a combination of markings, signage and Plexiglas screens
- All departures will be timed departures, with default passenger count strictly limited to no more than 12 passengers (until further notice)
- Until further notice all service will depart from our main dock, located below our ticket booth at 111 S. Mickey Mantle Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73104 (next to Brickopolis)
- Until further notice our “hop-on/hop-off” service has been suspended. No rides are guaranteed other than your initially booked timed departure.
- Passengers must check in at waiting area 10 minutes prior to their scheduled departure
- Passengers arriving together may sit together, but must practice social distancing with all other parties. If you would like to book a boat exclusive to your party, please visit our groups and charter page.
Although the boat ride is outdoors in an open boat – and despite the fact that all parties on board will be adhering to strict social distancing – our boats are by their very nature a confined space, and we will expect ALL customers to respect the safety of all OTHER customers and our Water Taxi crew members by cooperating with the above requirements.
Please note: if you do not intend to honor these requirements, please consider instead visiting after pandemic restrictions have been completely lifted. While we will be sorry to lose your business, we are quite firm in our desire to protect other passengers and our crew.
Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.